Sample Agenda for Standing Orders Workshops
Agenda (as of August 6, 2015)
10:00 - 10:15 a.m.
- Introduction of Speakers
10:15 - 10:45 a.m.
Session 1: Poor Adult Immunization Rates in the U.S.
- Recommeded Adult Immunizations
- Overview of U.S. adult immunization rates
- Morbidity, mortality, and cost to health system due to adult VPDs
LJ Tan, MS, PhD, Chief Strategy Officer, Immunization Action Coalition
10:45 - 11:30 a.m.
Session 2: Standing Order Protocols
- What is a standing order?
- What are the components of a standing order?
- Do standing orders improve vaccination rates?
- How do they benefit physician practices?
William Atkinson, MD, MPH
11:30 - 11:45 a.m.
Break to pick up box lunch
11:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Session 3: Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Identify existing law permitting delegation of medical care to specific professionals
- Identify the vaccines that may be administered under standing orders
- Identify permissible patient populations
- Identify settings where standing orders may be implemented
Alexandra Stewart, JD
12:30 - 2:00 p.m.
Session 4: How to Implement Standing Orders
- Hands-on working through the implementation guidance
- Addressing perceived barriers in practice
- Review of tools and materials available to help you
- Demonstration of the newly created standing orders website
- Helpline and other resources
LJ Tan, MS PhD, or William Atkinson, MD, MPH
2:00 - 2:30 p.m.
Session 5: Q&A
- Live questions and answers
LJ Tan, MS, PhD; William Atkinson, MD, MPH; Alexandra Stewart, JD